Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I guess it has been a while....

Danita says I need to post. This is for you.

We have been busy as usual. My sister Anita came up from Las Vegas on the 18th.
On Sunday we drove to Walla Walla for a beautiful outdoor wedding. We visited with our sister Bernice in the afternoon and went to the wedding in the evening. We had a nice time and stayed overnight there.
Monday, we went to the Yakima Valley and bought fresh produce. We had Anita's car packed up high with peaches, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, Walla Walla sweet onions, raspberries, potatoes and strawberries. We had decided to make jam. It was so much fun to spend some alone time with Anita. She says she is so quiet, but we seem to talk alot!!!!! Papa met us there. We spent the week in G'dale.
Tues. we made our jam.
Wed. my dear girls came with the grandkids. What fun. We had Valentina sleep with us.
Thurs. my other sister Jean came with two granddaughters. It was great to spend time with her too. We set up a kiddie pool and let the kids (plus Trina and I) swim. It wasn't very deep, so to get wet on both sides, we had to roll. LOL. I had a very blessed week. Cam left on Thurs. evening. I understand Valentina cried most of the way home. She is not a very good road trip girl, just like her mommy.
Fri. we spent sometime in the kiddie pool then packed up and came back to Vanc. Asa got stung by a yellowjacket, but he did not cry, he said it was ok. He is so brave.

I was suppose to meet my sister yesterday in G'dale again after she went camping with her kids, but Papa had to work Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. We will be going again tomorrow, so Anita and I can bike on her favorite trail. It is 14 miles round trip, and I have not been on a bike for two years, but it should be interesting. Maybe I will post some pictures of our ride.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Trina G. said...

I'm laughing about us pool "rollers". I had a great time there with you. I'm so blessed to have you.

I'm proud of you that you made jam...but what about blackberry?

Good luck on the bike ride. I REALLY REALLY wish that I could view that. Actually, the ride won't be as bad as the buttocks ache that will be had the next day.

Life IS good:)

Love you

Cameo said...

was it really just a few days ago that I was there? Ooops, I guess I messed up on my blog posting on that first picture. I love you baby mama!

JuJu - said...

I want pics of all of that:)

your girls are so blessed to have you :)

Jill said...

OOOO, pics are coming! I love when you all post pics... I sure hope someone took picks of you and Trina rolling in the pool. Too funny!

Carriage Works said...

Sure sounds like you have had a fun time this summer...hope it continues to stay that way! Wow...a 14 mile bike ride, hope its as fun as it sounds! Hope you continue to have a great time

Miss you all,

~Christina, for all

Grama said...

What a wonderful life.
I don't think you are bossy I think you offer suggestions from your experience. You are a Mom and a very good one too.
Love
MG