Saturday, October 11, 2008

I love and miss you Daddy!!!

Well, I didn't post about my Dad's birthday on his birthday, the ninth. I guess I just needed to celebrate it privately. My dad was so special. He was such a strong Christian man. He did not preach to us kids, just lead by example. I am so glad that my girls were able to live next door to him in Gdale for so many years. They thought so much of him. I loved to help him do work. My sister and I helped him build their last house. That was one of the things my dad loved to do, build his own houses. When he retired, he told my mom he wanted to move to Gdale and build one more house. And he did. He died there, in his house that he built, seven years ago. Even though seven years have passed, I always think of him several times a day. I still remember the things he taught me, such as always to be honest and truthful, and I still miss him alot. He was a very big part of my life.

I love and miss you Daddy and always will.

7 comments:

Cameo said...

I tried to blog too on Thursday. I couldn't. I miss him so much mom.

Mandy said...

What a beautiful tribute to your father.

Andrea said...

Your Daddy is smiling down, right this very moment. I just know it.

Tracey said...

Very sweet. I lost my grandma 4 years ago!I was in Hawaii when they found out she had advanced breast cancer. We were too busy dealing with alzheimers that we didn't think to have her go in for mammograms. We were extremely close, I think of her all the time. Because of her and my g-pa(I lost him in 2000), we were able to adopt Bug. So I guess they live on in him a bit?!
Love you all of you as you get through these tough days...

Tracey said...

That is supposed to be love to all of you...

Grrrr I hate grammatical errors!

Grama said...

Love and prayers. My heart breaks for you and the girls.
Sandi

Tricia said...

Just sending supportive thoughts & prayers to you, Beya.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. :)

They made my day!