Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Mama, I'm feeling a little better"

That was what I heard last night at 10pm. What wonderful news! Trina is feeling better. She was able to come over to Cameo's yesterday to hang out. Yes, she slept on the couch, but she was able to get out of her house for a few hours and eat, alot! Her appetite is poor when the drugs are working, and only eats enough so she can take her meds. But Monday at Cameo's she ate! Alot! Then last night she called me at 10pm to tell me she was even better. I was so happy to hear that because she calls me at night to talk over what she should take, what cocktail of drugs will help her the most at that time. And she didn't need any! She was feeling better. She still had aching bones, but she hates to take her pain meds if she can get through it at all without them. By the 4th day of taking her pain meds she is always having a bad headache from them, so trys hard not to take them on her "good days". She is so postive and a blessing to us all!!! This is her "week off" from chemo, and with God's blessings she will be better every day.

Last week after seeing her bone scans, it was just like you could see the bad cancer cells swarming around in her body. Her bones were covered. But again God showed me a precious verse in Psalms that gave me faith that He is healing her.
Psalms 118: NIV
12 They swarmed around me like bees, but they died out as quickly as burning thorns; in the name of the Lord, I cut them down.
16 The Lord's right hand is lifted high; the Lord's right has done mighty things.
17 I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.

I am so weak, but with God's strength, I am strong. I hate cancer! I hate seeing my dear daughter so weak from treatment! I just pray for more faith. I thank God for my family and their strength. Together with God, we will get through this trial, and be stronger on the other side. I pray for fear and doubt to leave me and to be replaced with faith and love.

It is so hard for me to write these things. I am so private in my thoughts but I feel the need to write about the blessings that God has given us through this. Even little Asa and Valentina have started to say " thank God" for the littlest things. I guess they are listening to us and the 50 times a day we say that. Papa always "amen" instead, and we are waiting for the kids to start saying that. Trina always smiles when papa says that. We are all changed. Thank God!

One cute story about Asa. He loves popcicles, the ones with riddles and jokes on the sticks. The other day Josh read him the riddle. Who can stop a speeding car? Asa replies right away, "God". How cute! Yesterday when I was driving him home he asked me "When did God make you? When I said "1952", he then asked about all of us and I had to give him the year we were all born. Asa is listening. Even little Valentina has started with "thank God" at times.

I am going to spend the day at Trina's today since Josh works all day, but maybe she will want to go out alittle bit. Maybe lunch out? We will see.

Please keep praying that God will kill out the swarms of bees (cancer) in her body. Thank you!!!!!

God is Good!

7 comments:

Krystal said...

I continue to pray for all of you. I am sure that your great faith and strength are helping Trina is amazing ways. You have such a precious family, Beya :)

Grama said...

Oh Beya I am so thrilled to see that Trina is feeling better. I am so glad they did communion on Sunday with her friend. We are home and if there is anything you need be sure to let me know. Still praying and believing. Love you all so much.

Sig said...

Always praying. Mommas have it so hard, watching their babies go through this. :(
Hugs.

Carriage Works said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for YOU as well. We can only imagine how hard it is for you, and pray that God gives you comfort in this difficult time...We love you!

Trina G. said...

LOve you. Thank you

joe said...

Praise God. Yes it is a switch to start to thank God for every blessing and people notice when you say it. They are powerful words. I pray He continues to fill your hearts with peace and love! I look forward to seeing you this week. Dios te bendiga... God bless you...
Love mylene

Tracey said...

Hang in there Mama. You ae incredible, that is why your girls are so such awesome people...

Loves you!