Saturday, June 21, 2008

Planting Flowers.......

We went to G'dale again this week. We went on Tuesday and came back on Thursday. On Tuesday I planted some flowers in pots. I never know how long the deer are going to let me enjoy them, but I love to plant flowers. This year I planted all pink flowers because my mother loved the color pink. It makes me happy to look at them and remember the good times mom and I had together. After I planted them, I sprayed them with soap water. I heard somewhere that the deer leave them alone if you do that. I will see if that is true.

I really enjoyed this week there. It was fun to just putter around and the weather was so nice. I took off the winter plastic on the back porch. It always feels so open after I do that. Papa and I sat outside for our morning coffee and our breaks also. He comes in from his tractor every couple of hours for a cold lemonade. It was really nice.

My mother had about 14 photo albums full of her photos. My oldest sister Jean took half of them and we are to take them all apart and separate all of the photos to divide among the six of us. I got all of the ones I was to do done, that was a relief. It went alot faster than I thought it would. Mom had pasted alot of them to the pages, so that was hard to get them off, but it is done. Poor Jean, she took the really hard one that had every photo pasted. That will take forever!!!

It was good to come back to Vancouver Thursday also. We got back in time to see Valentina before she went to sleep, but Asa had fallen asleep before we got over there, so I went over and had a nice time talking with Trina. We sat outside and enjoyed the nice weather but Trina's allergies were terrible. Both of the girls are miserable with allergies right now.

Trina had us all over for grilled chicken last night. It was the best chicken I have ever had!!! She used a chili pineapple grill sauce. Yum!!!!!

Today we went over to Trina's again for morning coffee. We enjoy every moment that the weather is not raining here in the summer. So nice outside!!! The rest of the day, I was at Cameo's.

Mom had an outdoor swing that my dad and her would spend hours on after they had worked hard all day. She had paid $25 for it at a yard sale about 30 years ago. She was so excited when she brought it home. It had been stored at our cabin for the last 7 years since my dad had died. We had used it alot together when she came out to our place when she lived in town the first 3 years, but it had not been used for the last 4. Well, she had written that if Cameo wanted it, she would like Cameo to have it. So, we brought it to Cameo a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, it was old and rusted and so Papa spent about 2 hours this morning painting the whole frame black. It looks so nice now, and I know we are going to enjoy hanging out on it and remembering the good times with mom and dad. The girls spent alot of time on it also with them while they were growing up. It is comforting to have it with us. Good memories!!!

Life is good!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Grama said...

Beya you are such a blessing to your family and those of us who are getting to know you.
Glad you can have so many good memories. What a blessing.
Love
mg

Trina G. said...

great post MOM! I could see you putting around;)

I have enjoyed our time together very much. The weather sure helps out our spirits, and just being outside.

Thanks for keeping your blog. I look forward to reading your, as much as you look forward to reading ours:)