Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pictures of Papa and Valentina !!!!!


I went along with Papa on Sunday, since he had a long day going to Eugene and then to Wauna. It always amazes me how well he drives the semi truck. When I ride with him in the pick up or Corvette, I always have to tell him how to drive, but when he is driving the semi, he drives so good. How is that? I had a great day with him.


This is the truck he usually drives, the double tranker, but to Eugene, they only take one big trailer. He won't drive a trailer, if when he sees it, the mud flaps don't match. He takes it to the shop and has the mechanics put on matching mud flaps. He also hates to drive a dirty truck. They know that now after 12 + years, so they keep his clean. Notice how all the flaps match.

The front....

Valentina came over to the trailer yesterday. He went over to Cam's, and when he was leaving, she put her little hand in his, as if to say, "I am going with you too", so he carried her over. I put on Asa's cowboy hat on her, when she pointed and said "hat".


This is Papa's hat.


Both of them, how cute is that?


Then she decided she needed him to paint her fingernails, so he did. He cannot tell her "No". He can't tell Asa "no" either. How sweet!!!!! What a good Grandpapa they have. He worries that he will die before they are old enough to remember him. He is only 67 and in great health. He can outwork most younger people.




This was Asa and Papa with hats on about a year ago. So Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is Good!!!

6 comments:

Cameo said...

Oh I love the pictures of my Papa and my baby girl! And of course of my Asa. Mom, I love you so much!!! And no matter what, our kids will ALWAYS remember you!

Jill said...

Oh, tearing up... just spent the evening with my parents... it is just great to see them with my kids.

Your kids and gradkids are blessed.

Trina G. said...

I love the pictures of papa and his truck. The double tankers look SCARY!!!

Vali looks so cute in the hat, and papa doing her nails is priceless.

Thank you for the update. Keep up the good work mom.

I love seeing you at soccer last night. We have too much fun sometimes.

Grama said...

Love the pictures. You are so blessed. I know your husband can outwork me.
I love that he would do Valentina's fingernails for her. He is priceless. I trust God will keep him around for these kids and you and your beautiful daughters.
Love you all so much
Sandi

Carriage Works said...

Hi Aunt Kathy...

The pictures are very cute...

We havent exactly TOLD anyone yet, but we are coming down the end of the month, maybe we can see you all? Hope to see you soon!!

~Christina, for all

Mandy said...

Grandfathers unable to tell their grandchildren "no" are the BEST!