Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A New Treasure

For years I have been looking for a little vanity table where I could sit and roll up my hair and put on my makeup. I finally found the perfect little thing! It is tall enough for me to be able to sit on a little stool that my grandmother had and it is just perfect!!! I had decided that I needed to get out more, so yesterday, I decided to stop at the Goodwill and there it was!! I am rather excited about that. It will look so cute in my bedroom. It doesn't take much to make my day huh? I will post a picture when I get it set up in G'dale. Now it is still in the back of my truck.

Asa started Fall soccer tonight. I went with Trina to watch practice, it was really fun. The coach is good and has a lot of things they work on. The kids are all so cute.

Cameo and I have started walking in the mornings with the kids. Asa walked all the way there by my side. Valentina was in the stroller, and made Asa walk beside her and hold her hand the whole way there. As soon as we turned around to come back, Asa said he was too tired, so we took Valentina out and put Asa in the stroller. Well.... Valentina was too slow, and she didn't like to walk that far anyway, so we put Valentina on Asa's lap, and he held on to her the whole way home. It was really cute and sweet.

Grama came soon after we got home, and we had a nice time with her as usual. When she comes, she gives Valentina her bath, and Valentina gets to have a nice long bath instead of her 5 minute one Cameo or I give her. Valentina loves her Grama!!!!

Life is Good!!!!

6 comments:

Cameo said...

Mom, I love our walking mornings. But here you are, going to get me all into it and then you're going to be gone next week! Oh well, I'm so happy that you get to go on vacation. I love you so much mom.

Trina G. said...

I'll walk with you next week Sissy! I would love to visit with you while the kids are occupied.

I love your vanity mom, it will look perfect in your room..You will have to post a picture.

Valentina gets an even quicker bath when I give her one:)

Unknown said...

THANK YOU FOR POSTING, I AM OH SO HAPPY AND IT IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I CAME HOME TO ALL THREE OF YOUR POSTS. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR LIL VANITY, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURE.HAVE FUN ON YOUR WALKS, WISH I HAD THE ENERGY TO DO THAT.

MT II

Sonia said...

What fun to go walking! I walked up to my Mom and Dad's on Monday. I put both kids in my double stroller. Brooklyn has walked the whole way up there before, but we had a busy day on Sunday and she was tuckered out.

That is so awesome that you found a vanity table. I definitely want to see a picture of it.
Love you!

Mandy said...

I agree...pictures please! Sounds awesome though. And how special that you get to share such great times with your girls and grandkids!

Grama said...

Just read your blog and today being 9/11 I am of course quite teary. Thank you for saying Valentina loves her Grama. I just can't thank you enough for sharing your wonderful daughters and their kids with me. I am so blessed to know all of you.
We'll miss you next week but I will try to keep up with the family in the mornings at least.
Love you so much
Sandi